What Is Uninsured/underinsured Motorist Coverage, And Do I Need It In Florida?

Uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) coverage protects you if you are injured in an accident caused by an uninsured or underinsured driver. While UM/UIM coverage is not required in Florida, it can provide valuable financial protection in certain situations. Unfortunately, Florida leads the nation in uninsured drivers, with more than 1 in 4 drivers driving without auto insurance.

Florida is a no-fault auto insurance state. That means that all drivers must have a minimum of $10,000 in personal injury protection (PIP) insurance to pay for medical expenses and other accident-related damages, regardless of who’s at fault for the accident. PIP coverage protects the policyholder, their passengers, and any pedestrians involved in the accident.

Have You Been Injured In Florida Auto Accident? Williams Law, P.A. Is Here To Help.

If you or a loved one has been injured in a Florida truck accident, you should speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. Please get in touch with us online or call our Florida law office at 800.451.6786 to schedule your free consultation. We help Florida residents like you who have been injured in a motor vehicle accident, slip and fall, or other accident resulting in an injury. Remember, we work on a contingent basis, meaning you don’t pay us anything until we win your case.