How Can A Florida Sinkhole Lawyer Help Me Negotiate With My Insurance Company?

Sinkhole damage can be extremely costly and time-consuming. In Florida, where sinkhole activity is common, people need to be on alert and inspect their property for sinkhole damage if they notice changes to their structure or the surrounding area. They should not only contact their insurance adjuster when they discover sinkhole damage, but they should also seek out a sinkhole attorney who can help them through the insurance claims process.

Lawyer K.C. Williams has been helping clients handle sinkhole damage insurance claims for more than 20 years. Williams Law Association, P.A., in Tampa, Florida, has chosen to focus on sinkhole damage claims because many people in Florida do not know whom to turn to, or what is involved when it comes to this type of property damage. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation if you believe your property has suffered sinkhole damage.

If your insurance company does acknowledge that your property has suffered sinkhole damage, it is in your best interest to make sure you have a sinkhole attorney review their offer before you accept any monetary compensation. Very often, an insurance company will only offer to pay for cosmetic repairs, which may include:

  • Replacing broken tiles
  • Temporary grouting
  • Repainting over cracks
  • Filling in holes with topsoil and landscaping
  • Re-paving driveways

Cosmetic repairs will not solve deeper structural damage caused by sinkholes. If your insurance company tries to get you to enter into a contract just for cosmetic repairs where they will directly pay for the contractors doing the work, you should have us review the contract first. We can help you negotiate for the full extent of repairs that may be necessary, and the monetary compensation needed to restore your property to pre-loss condition.

Do not accept the first offer presented to you by your insurer. You should be sure it is the best offer and that it covers all the different types of repairs you may need.