How To Find Out If You Have A Valid Insurance Claim
Perhaps your house was damaged by a hurricane, or your commercial property was damaged by fire. Maybe you need to make a claim for benefits under your private disability insurance policy. You know that your insurer may deny or delay your claim if it is not properly filed. So how do you properly file a claim?
The attorneys at Williams Law, P.A., understand how to successfully file Florida insurance claims — and how to effectively represent our clients’ interests when insurers refuse to pay valid claims. We focus almost exclusively on helping clients throughout the Tampa region with insurance claims from the start of a claim through trial, if necessary.
Five Tips For Filing Your Insurance Claim
These tips will help make the process of filing a claim with your carrier as easy as possible:
- Understand your insurance policy. Your policy is a contract that outlines the obligations and rights of both you and your insurance carrier. Pay attention to what is and is not covered by the policy as well as any deductibles that apply.
- Document your damages. Take photos that show the extent of the damages. Secure a reputable estimate of the damages to your property and the cost to fix them.
- Ensure that your claim is correct and complete. Mistakes and inaccurate information in your claim for benefits can cause problems with your insurance company. Depending on the inaccuracy, your insurer could delay or deny your claim.
- File your claim in a timely manner. The sooner you can file an accurate, complete claim with well-documented damages, the better. Your policy may have specific deadlines for filing a claim. Failing to meet the deadlines can result in delays or outright denials of your claim.
- Protect your rights. Insurance companies will use nearly any reason they can to delay, deny or otherwise avoid paying your claim. If you believe that your insurance company is not dealing fairly with you, consider enlisting the assistance of an insurance claims lawyer.
Free Consultations • Contact Us Today
If your valid insurance claim has been delayed, denied or underpaid, schedule your free consultation with our law firm today. Contact us online or call us at (800) 451-6786.