One of the main reasons you purchased your policy of homeowners insurance is to protect your property from damage caused by hurricanes and storms. Unfortunately, insurance companies do not handle these claims fairly for their policyholders. Their representatives look for ways to save the company money which means paying out as little as possible on claims. In the worst cases, these claims are denied outright.
At Williams Law, P.A., we are committed to helping policyholders and property owners understand their options after a severe weather event. Our team of professionals works with Florida policyholders who have been affected by wind storm and hailstorms.
Have You Experienced Hurricane Ian Damage? Click HERE for case evaluation.
What Are Common Tactics Insurance Providers Use to Avoid Paying Policyholders?
Time after time, insurance companies seem to deny claims unfairly and underestimate hurricane property damages. Others seem to be deliberately trying to slow the processing of claims, sometimes requiring multiple submissions of the same documentation or taking a long time to contact and follow up with claimants.
Here are some of the tactics to watch out for when dealing with an insurance adjuster after a hurricane:
- Claims that the damage was pre-existing
- Claims that the damage was made worse because you did not maintain your property
- Claims that you did not secure your property or make necessary precautions
- Delays in the processing of your claim
- Denials that your policy covers damage from the storm
- Claims that damage was done by flood vs. wind
- Claims that you failed to alleviate the damages to your property after the loss
- Claims that you failed to properly document the loss and repairs needed to restore your home
- Pressure to sign a release of supplemental claims in order to receive your settlement
Hurricane Ian Claim Help
If your insurance company is dragging its feet regarding your property damage claim you should speak with an experienced insurance claim lawyer as soon as possible. Please contact us online or call our Tampa, Florida law office directly at 800.451.6786 to schedule your free consultation. We help Florida residents just like you fight the big insurance companies who fail to abide by their own policies. Remember, we work on a contingent basis, meaning you don't pay us anything until we win your case.